5.08.2011

my first mother's day


It's hard to find the words to describe just how emotional & special today was/is now that I am a mommy. We didn't do much, & honestly it was about the same as every other day, but it was absolutely perfect! I started the morning out by getting my first gift - getting puked on during the 8am feed (thanks Cassie!) then I got my second gift - sleeping in until 11 .. ahhhhhhhhh! Cassie must have felt bad about throwing up on me b/c she wanted to cuddle in my arms while I slept :) What an angel! All morning I kept thanking God that He thought so highly of me to bless me with my THREE precious angels! I could NEVER have thought my life would turn out this way ... or that I would feel so loved & fulfilled by being a wife & mommy, but I definitely wouldn't trade it for the world! I have learned so much from my own mom that I only pray I will one day pass it down to my children.




"Mother to Mother"






When I sit & rock my babies,



I often think of you.



And I imagine,



you must have felt this way, too.






By your fine example,



I've become the woman I am today.



I felt your love for me



even when you did not say.




Through your actions, you showed me



to be kind, giving, and fair.



And now with my own children,



these attributes I will share.






Thank you, my dear mother,



for all you've done and all you do.



I hope my babies will know



such a loving, selfless mother as you.



--- Deborah Warren Craig ---

No comments: