5.09.2011

multi-tasking momma

I have tried to update the blog a MILLION times but never seem to find the time (or have a few crying babies in the background) :) We have adjusted SO nicely to having everyone home these past 2 months. I have officially resigned from my job & have transitioned into my new role as a "stay-at-home-mommy". I have never felt so fulfilled from doing such monotonous things, but seeing the babies smile at me or coo in contentment makes all the puke, poop, etc tolerable (even enjoyable)! :) The babies are starting to interact more & have started rolling over .. let the craziness begin - soon we'll be walking I'm sure!

Multi-tasking has been the new key word in my life & I am amazed at how many things I can do at one time (or with one hand!). Just last weekend, I was home with the babies (Kris was out with friends .. what a nice wife I am! kidding babe!) doing their last feed of the day. I was breast feeding one while simultaneously bottle feeding the other two. In the middle of it I started laughing to myself at how comical I must look - sitting topless at the bottom of the stairs with a baby feeding & 2 others in their boppys in front of me. I was burping them, adding more milk/formula to bottles, giving meds to Alyssa, cleaning spit-up & typing an e-mail on my phone - I'm tired just thinking about it! Even just a few years ago, I would have laughed if someone presented this image & said it would be my new normal, but now I can't seem to remember what life was like before the babies (besides maybe a little more sleep!).

Speaking of multi-tasking, I'm off to make bottles for the next feed & while I'm doing that I'll be registering a bunch of baby products since I never got around to that (gotta get them in before the warranties are expired!), calling the Social Worker (to check on our reimbursement checks .. oh Social Security, I'll be glad to receive the last check & be done with you!), the pediatrician to ask about vitamins, Alyssa's GI to ask about her meds & the department of records to order Birth Certificates since I can't figure out their website! Just another day in the life of a "MOM" (mom of multiples)! Maybe I'll grab a granola bar & diet coke as I run through the kitchen! have I mentioned this is the best diet ever?!?! ;)

1 comment:

The Paradis Family said...

Wow!!!! Seriously can't wait to meet your precious little ones and start taking notes from you.....I need all the tips I can get and I'm having 1 less than you ;-P