I went for blood work this morning before I headed to San Antonio for my brother's fiancee's bridal shower, to mainly check my progesterone & estradiol (estrogen) levels and possibly make changes with my patch, pill & suppository if need be. The nurse told me that it was probably still too early to look at my hCG levels (the pregnancy hormone) but they still test them to get a baseline & to monitor them. Well...... she called back with the results about an hour ago and said that all my levels are looking good (my progesterone was >20 and my estradiol was >2000 .. all great numbers!) & to continue with everything I'm doing (pills 3 times a day, suppository daily and my patch every 3 days .. whew!). I heard all the girls in the office behind her saying "tell her!" so of course I asked what they were talking about & she said that it was still very early, but by the looks of my hCG levels, I am probably pregnant. :) :) :) :) :) eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!! My current hCG levels are at 182 (on Monday they were 1.86) - in general hCG levels double every 2-3 days (about 85% of pregnancies double every 72 hours), so I'm not sure if this means I'm more likely to have multiples, or if this is a normal level for a single fetus). I'm going back in on Monday for regular blood work (that'll help compare the levels) and the "official" pregnancy test is still scheduled for Thursday so I'm hoping that everything continues as it should.
When I got the phone call, I was at lunch with my family and when I came back to the table I was crying so I of course told them, but I didn't really want to tell anyone else because it's obviously still too early and I want to wait until at least the official test next Thursday. I ask that you continue to pray that God's will be done and that we are content in whatever that may be!
No comments:
Post a Comment