7.08.2010

July 9th (Friday - 22dpt)

Today we had another appointment to check everything out & make sure it's all still going according to schedule - we were hoping to hear the heartbeats today but it was still too early! :( oh well .. maybe next time! We were able to still see all three of the sacs - still growing as they should! I am 5 weeks 6 days along today. Two of the sacs were measuring on schedule at 5w6d and one was a few days behind at 5w2d. We were able to actually see two of the embryos so we're pretty confident that at least two will develop further. I'm going back next week for a follow-up appointment so maybe we'll be able to see the heartbeats then! We're hoping that everything continues as it should, but are aware that we might still lose 1, 2, or all 3 of the embryos. Here is a statistic I found according to the miscarriage association: "If the scan picks up a heartbeat and the baby appears to be the right size according to your dates, this can be very reassuring. Research has shown that if you see a heartbeat at 6 weeks of pregnancy, the chances of the pregnancy continuing are 78%. A heartbeat at 8 weeks increases the chance of a continuing pregnancy to 98% and at 10 weeks to 99.4%. So things could still go wrong, but as long as there is a heartbeat, the risk of miscarriage decreases as the weeks go by." We ask that you keep us in your prayers over the next few weeks since they are crucial for our babies' development! Thank you for joining us on this journey!!

2 comments:

Jennifer Litherland said...

O my gosh!!! I had no idea you already made it this far, that's fantastic, congrats contrats!!! You are both in my prayers. I pray that you get all those heartbeats ASAP!!! My Tyler (#2), we could not find a good heartbeat on him till between 10-12weeks. Sometimes where they are sitting makes it difficult to hear until they get bigger. You are on one hell of a rollercoaster but it is so worth it!!! Atleast until they get to ages where they fight... I work from home and run a business and I could not be more looking forward to the 9 and 6 yr old heading back to school :O But that's when I run and hide in my closet to cool down and I realize just how blessed I am. Thanks for keeping us posted I totally keep Mike in the loop and he's pulling for Chris to see how cool it is to be a dad! Prayers and Love to you all!!! Jen L.

The Paradis Family said...

I am just thrilled for you and all that you are being blessed with! I will continue to pray for you and your new family-that everything continues to go smoothly. Thank you for sharing your journey with us and thank you for giving others hope!