Today was a big one in more than a few ways! Kris turned 34 & we found out that we are pregnant with triplets! Last week at our ultrasound, the doctor showed us TWO heartbeats and said the 3rd sac had "something" in it ("most likely it's a blood clot & won't develop... blah blah blah...") but we were waiting until our appt this afternoon to see if the 3rd one developed into anything or if we were "only" having twins. Well at today's appointment I pretty much had to drag the information out of him! As he was doing the ultrasound, Dr. Haddad said everything "looked good", so then I asked about the 3rd sac that was smaller last week & how big it measured today. When he told me it was "on schedule" I got a bit nervous. Then I asked "but we still only have two heartbeats?" .. Dr. H: "nope .. there are three". Ummmmm hello! That is pretty big information! Then he measured all 3 of them and it turns out the 3rd one is now 2 days further along (8w1d) than the other two (7w6d) - guess it was just taking its time developing! They all have strong heartbeats and are looking good. Tomorrow I will be 8 weeks .. man time sure is flying (ok not THAT fast, but still ...). I will start going to my regular OBGYN in the next few weeks since everything continues to come back as it should - once Dr. H releases me. I am supposed to finish my progesterone over the next few days then I will be ALL DONE with meds (besides my vitamins & prenatal). Whoo hoo!!!
Kris & I are both FULL of emotions at this point - scared, happy, excited, panicked, worried, etc but are VERY grateful that we have been so successful with the whole IVF process in general. We had a few "hiccups" along the way with the extra hysteroscopy, having only 3 come back viable after the PGD testing, etc but if this is the route we are meant to take in life then we can be sure that it will definitely NOT be a dull one! Now begins the financial freak out & me learning how to use coupons, save, etc - guess it's about time! :) Thanks for all your support & prayers - keep them coming .. we will definitely need them!
Once the shock wears off (if that ever happens) I will upload ultrasound pictures! Love you all!
2 comments:
I am soooo very happy for you!!! Triplets-WOW!!! Triple the LOVE!!! :-) I still want to get together if we ever get a chance....take care of yourself and those precious babies girlie!!!!
Dear Natalie, I am still trying to get my head around my daughter being a mother! WOW! We are so encouraged & thrilled for you and Kris us too)! As I pray for you a few scriptures come to mind. Psalms 139:13-16 it says that God made all the delicate, inner parts of your babies bodies...that He knit them together in their mother's womb...He watches as their bodies are being formed...He sees them and knows them even before they come into this world..that every day of their precious livesw are recorded in His book.. WOW! It's a beautiful & wonderful miracle. I hope these words give you hope, strength & encouragement as you courageously & patiently wait
for the goodness of the Lord and the incredibly amazing blessings & challenges of parenthood.
Affectionatley, Mom (Psaml27:14)
P.S. "Children are the crowning glory of the AGED. Parents are the pride of their children." (Proverbs 17:6) Here's to the Glorious Grands! Yaya & Papa
Post a Comment