Friday I had my second hysteroscopy to make sure there wasn't any scar tissue left from the removed septum the first time. I feel like a pro at this aleady since I know the routine/procedure, what my side effects are, what my recovery should feel like, which veins to stick the IV in, etc. I did experience a first though when I was joking with the nurse about how if she missed my veins then she might as well go back to school since I've been told over & over how awesome my viens are (not to brag) & how easy they are to find, stick, etc. Well, I must have jinxed myself since she was horrible the first time, bruising my hand, making it bubble (sick) and shoving the IV in too far. When she was doing the other hand (since the first hand was unable to be used .. thanks lady), she did something that caused me to black out completely for a few seconds. I almost fell out of the chair and had to be woken up with the nurse waving make-shift "smelling salts" (alcohol pads)under my nose. I was sweating, shaking and disoriented. After a while, I was ready for the procedure and things aparently went smoothly after that. I must have also been pretty convincing coming out of anesthesia since I apparently convinced the Dr to give me a hydrocodone prescription since I was in such horrible pain last time and the Motrin they suggested did nothing. I haven't been in much pain at all and am so thankful for that! I will also be able to work out (lightly) on Monday .. thank goodness!
Saturday I was feeling great and able to make it to my best friend's bridal shower and enjoyed her amazing family (as always)! That evening, my mother-in-law brought dinner over & we had such an awesome evening hanging out and eating delicious food.
I have been blessed with wonderful friends and family. I am so grateful for everyone who tells me that they've read my blog, have a similar story, or have been praying for Kris & I. Moments like that help me get through the rough times and give me the enouragement to remember that I am not alone in this journey! :) Thank you all!
2 comments:
So glad the 2nd time around has been a better experience. You and Kris are continually in my prayers and we wish nothing more than for this whole process to speed by to "the good part". Try not to overdo it Mrs. Determined. Happy Valentine's Day!!!
HAHAHA I just got the title of your post. ohh how miss singing with the kids.
Post a Comment