**Disclaimer: I have not been paid to review these products, but am just excited to share what some of my friends are doing**
For a while I have been meaning to share products from two sweet friends, but for some reason I always kept getting distracted (I'm sure it has nothing to do with the three adorable little toddlers running around), but today I'm up early and ready to spread the word! Correction: I was up early, but my precious Alyssa got up early too then, as she was escaping from her crib, got stuck between her & Cassandra's crib & woke everyone else up ... but now I'm back after feeding, playing and reading the same 5 books over and over and over (despite having bookshelves FULL of great children's books).
![]() |
| image credit: Mod |
The first is my "Godsister's" (a term I used growing up for the daughter of my Godparents and a friend I considered more like a sister) company: Mod. She and her husband are majority owners as well as CEO and President and have taken this company to great lengths in such a short time! They sell premium camera straps and accessories for the professional photographer, hobby photographer, or just your everyday camera junkie. They also sell sleeves for E-Readers, tablets, laptops and smartphones.
For Christmas I was given this adorable strap set and cap saver:
![]() |
| image credit: Mod |
I've lost count of all the compliments I've received while wearing and using these adorable items! The strap is comfortable and very durable (tested to withstand pull down weight of up to 70lbs with quick release ends). The bag is an ideal invention - it's fashionable yet still practical for holding the camera, extra lenses, memory cards, etc. The cap saver is, in a word, a lifesaver (why don't expensive cameras come with this in the first place??) and has more than paid for itself!
You can find their products ALL over: on their website, in local camera stores, Best Buy online, Amazon, etc. Follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, & their blog Life on a Camera Strap!
![]() |
| image credit: AuthorHouse |
Secondly, I have another dear friend who has recently become a published author. Her author bio describes her perfectly:
Regan Long has two passions in life. One is being a mother, and the other is writing. With this book, she was able to take her two loves, bring them together, and make a dream of hers become a reality. In 2006, Regan graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary and Special Education and has found a true love working with children. Her ultimate dream came true after she and her husband, Terry, ...were blessed with their three children, Kendyl, Kaden, and Kennedy. Regan has found such inspiration navigating through motherhood and not only has captured some empowering moments that she has experienced, but intertwined fictional stories of women of all ages trying to handle one of the toughest jobs in this universe, being a mother. As she has led a very non-traditional childhood and young adult life, she felt compelled to share some of her own experiences intermixed with her devout faith that leave every mother, daughter, grandmother, aunt, sister, and mother-to-be, wanting to read, reread, and share these heartfelt moments that will leave you feeling nothing short of inspired and touched. As Long states herself, as a mother, what more do we want then to feel empowered, motivated and inspired; to learn from our mistakes, expand upon our strengths, and share the good, the bad, and the ugly with fellow women to know we are not on this journey alone? We all have a purpose to serve on this earth and hers, without a doubt, was to become a mother. Regan is so fortunate to have been blessed with the ultimate gift that this world can give, becoming a mother. And for her, to be able to share that passion with the world, is a true gift in itself.
This book is a beautiful compilation of 101 precious motherhood moments that are meant to encourage, support, uplift and inspire anyone along the motherhood route - whether you currently have children, are pregnant or dream of one day having your own precious family. This book is lovingly written by an amazing woman, friend, wife, and mother. She truly values the importance of being a mom and the heavy responsibility that comes with such a God-given title. I am thoroughly excited for her success and eager to read the book cover to cover a million (or perhaps, 101) times!
You can currently purchase her book at a variety of places:
-AuthorHouse (her publisher)
- Amazon
- BAM (Books-A-Million)
She also has two book signings coming up if you're in the Pennsylvania area:
- Saturday, May 4, 2013 from 11am-1pm EST at Barnes & Noble at Bucknell University
Thank you for supporting my sweet friends and remember to keep these products in mind as Mother's Day approaches ... hint hint hint




No comments:
Post a Comment