4.14.2013

Reasons my Triplets are Crying

This week I discovered the hilarious website Reasons My Son is Crying.  It immediately reminded me of all the lovely toddler tantrums that occur in my house on a daily basis so I thought it'd be funny to write down all the reasons my kiddos cried on a single day.  I randomly picked Sunday, but about 5 minutes into the day, I wished I hadn't.  Recently we've eliminated pacis (which sometimes results in eliminating naps) as well as afternoon snack and are currently fighting ear infections/perforated ear drum/allergies/colds/etc ... "fussy" is the general mood around our house these days.
 
Reasons my Triplets are Crying:
- I took them out of their cribs one at a time
- I put on the wrong diaper (Elmo vs Cookie Monster)
- I didn't carry all 3 up the stairs simultaneously
- I gave an unwanted toy to someone who made it look extra fun so the other 2 wanted it too
- I don't have 3 of every single toy
- I served the wrong cereal for breakfast (Cheerios vs Rice Chex)
- I wiped runny noses
- I wouldn't let them eat cereal on my lap on the couch
- Someone touched someone
- I wouldn't let someone dump hundreds of blocks all over the floor minutes before we left for church
- I took the cereal cup away before someone was finished, despite sitting in their lap untouched for several minutes
- Someone looked at someone else's shoes & socks
- There was a "scary truck" in the parking lot at church
- Some other kid was crying in their Sunday School class
- I picked them up from Sunday School
- They wanted to hold their crafts as we walked through the parking lot
- They didn't want to hold their crafts as we walked through the parking lot
- Someone touched someone
- Someone didn't want stickers on their shirt anymore
- Someone looked someone else's craft
- I wouldn't let them drink warm milk still in their sippy cups from before church
- I wouldn't let them eat the macaroni off their Sunday School craft
- They weren't allowed to help daddy carry heavy/breakable grocery items in from the car
- They didn't all agree on what to watch on tv
- Someone touched someone
- I made a funny face that was "scary"
- I asked someone to do something & someone else did it
- Someone jumped on someone
- Someone tried to bite someone
- Someone hit someone
- Someone wanted out of the playroom & was "stuck" behind the locked gate
- I was taking too long with lunch
- Someone didn't want their diaper changed
- Someone got scolded for spitting on the floor
- I helped buckle someone into their high chair
- Someone didn't want what I served for lunch
- Daddy looked at 2 people
- I wouldn't let someone go to sleep in their high chair
- They didn't want to go to the play room
- The gate to the playroom was closed
- Someone tried to hit another with a toy but hit themself instead
- Someone went to time out for hitting me
- Undetermined meltdown for 2 kids
- Someone didn't want to share Mommy's lap
- Someone touched someone
- Someone took a book from someone
- A sibling was removed from the room
- I asked if their diaper was dirty
- Undetermined meltdown for 1 kid
- The removed sibling returned
- Someone looked at someone
- Someone tried to comfort another
- I wiped runny noses/tears
- I took a dirty Kleenex away from someone
- The fan is "scary"
- Someone's feet "hurt"
- Someone was "stuck" in my lap
- I suggested going down for nap early
- Someone dropped their sippy cup
- Someone didn't want to nap
- A blanket was in the crib
- I wouldn't hold someone
- I left the room
 
{2 hr nap break}
 
- Some kids outside were yelling so they woke up and couldn't go back to sleep
- They didn't want to go back to sleep
- I took them out of their cribs one at a time and didn't hold them all simultaneously
- I didn't carry all 3 upstairs together and had to make it two trips
- Undetermined meltdown for 1 kid
- I talked to someone while someone else was in my lap
- Someone looked at someone
- While running away, having a dramatic tantrum, someone fell
- I wiped runny noses/tears
- I hugged someone that wasn't in my lap
- Someone yelled "NO!" at someone
- Someone wasn't sharing
- Despite having hundreds of blocks, they all wanted the same EXACT one
- I went to the bathroom and got a drink (should have been something stronger than water)
- I wouldn't let them talk to Siri on my iPhone
- Someone touched someone
- Someone pushed someone
- Someone hid something from everyone
- Someone claimed a sippy cup as "MINE!"
- Someone tried to put someone else in time out
- 2 wanted to watch tv while 1 didn't
- I wouldn't read 3 books at once
- Someone touched something after being told "No touch it!" by someone else
- Someone slapped someone
- Someone took something that was someone else's color (the kids are "color coded" - pink, purple, & blue)
- Someone touched someone else's toy
- Undetermined meltdown for 1 kid
- The baby doll won't sit up on its own
- Someone was "too yowd" (loud)
- A puzzle piece was missing
- Someone found the missing puzzle piece someone else was looking for
- Someone tried to put someone else in time out and give them a spanking
- Someone was helping someone else do a puzzle
- Someone was trying to clean up a toy that was being used
- I left to go defrost meat for dinner
- I put their shoes on one at a time
- When I mentioned we were going to the Splashpad soon, I didn't mean that very second
- I wouldn't let them climb on all the slippery water spouts
- I wouldn't hold them because they were soaking wet
- Their cousin got to eat snack at the Splashpad
- Daddy wouldn't let all 3 sit on his lap as he drove the golf cart home
- Dinner wasn't ready as soon as we walked through the door
- I wasn't fast enough with their 2nd & 3rd helpings at dinner
- Grandpa didn't have room for all 3 on his lap and didn't carry everyone at once when he went upstairs to play
- Daddy only brought 2 flashing light bulb key chains home from work, not 3
- I brushed their teeth
- Only 1 kid got ear drops & antibiotics (aka "meh-sin")
- I stopped hugs/kisses after 3 times per child when tucking them in
- Blankets weren't positioned properly
 
After looking over this list, I still would consider the day a success ... most of
the major tantrums occurred in the morning; I was stopped by 2 different people at church who complimented me on how well-behaved my kids are in their Sunday School class with sharing/picking up/etc (ha!) and how impressed they were that I could get them to/from the car on my own without a fight, threats, screaming or anyone running away; I got 2 full hours of alone time (I do miss that 3rd hour, but after no break on Saturday, I'll take anything I can get!) where I was able to chill out on the couch and watch episodes of Ellen off my DVR; all of my kids' portions at dinner were larger than mine; and there was no fight when it was time to go to bed (oh the magical, exhausting Splashpads sure have been missed .. can't wait to wear them out OFTEN these next 6 months).
 
How was your Sunday?
 

2 comments:

michelle key said...

Love it Nan! I didn't see "my socks are too tight! Or the "milk is dry!"
I can't imagine 3 at one time....God's strength and peace to you my dear daughter. Love you! YOu are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely hilarious. I must say I laughed until I had tears rolling down my cheeks! Still, since my daughter has triplets, I realize how this can actually depict "one of those days". In my book, all of you Moms who deal with triplets each and every day are Superwomen and real heroines!