7.07.2012

Summer Anniversaries

I'm a total sucker for anniversaries.  I enjoy looking back over the year(s), seeing everything connected and how it has transformed me into who I am today.  I'm not just talking about relationships (although for the record, I met my hubby the Saturday after Spring Break in March 2005, became "official" boyfriend/girlfriend on August 31, 2005, were engaged May 10, 2007; married December 29, 2007 and became parents December 22, 2010), but more importantly the anniversaries I care the most about these days involve my angels & our little family.  Hope you enjoy our summer highlights!  Now that my miracles are 18 months old, I am so much more grateful to look back at what we've been through (& I know that our story isn't as "difficult" as some of our friends/family, but we were still presented with some pretty big hurdles & handled them as best we could)!  Hope you enjoy our milestones as much as I do!

"We may not have it all together, but together we have it all." Oh so true!
June 17, 2010 - The day of our transfer - our ONE & only shot!  Here I am afterwards with pictures of the three embryos & the location of their transfer in my uterus .... praying & hoping that one of them "sticks:!!!



June 25, 2010 - Ate lunch at Bill Miller BBQ restaurant in San Antonio with my family attending my brother/sis-in-law's bridal shower when I received a phone call from my RE's offfice saying that my bloodwork looked great & although it was only a week after my transfer ("and it's typically too early to tell at this poing...."), my numbers were so high that they were 99% confident that I was pregnant ... and with more than one.  I began sobbing all over my chopped beef sandwich & rejoicing with my family for such amazing news.


July 1, 2010 - I'm officially PREGNANT (hCg was 2389) according to bloodwork & urine tests!



July 6, 2010 -  the ultrasound showed 3 sacs (too early for heart beats) & hCg is > 5,000 (this pic was taken 3 days later but is much more clear of the 3 separate sacs)
July 16, 2010 - We officially have fraternal twins - 2 solid heartbeats!!! We decided to go kayaking down the Buffalo Bayou to celebrate our "twins slash possible triplets" (& I loved seeing the confusing reactions when people tried to process that statement) :)


July 23, 2010 - The third heart beat has arrived .. we're having triplets people!!! We found out on Kris' 34th birthday & went out to celebrate with friends (I'm having a pretend glass of champagne .. for pictures only!  Also loved seeing people's reactions when I told them I wasn't drinking b/c I'm pregnant with triplets ... but still had to pay for my club soda w/ lime, really???)




1 comment: