5.17.2012

Mother's Day reflection

Mother's Day .. what a special day & one I never understood until I was blessed with my three little miracles.  They are my world & my heart BURSTS with love for each of them daily!  I am still in shock when I think about how fortunate I am to have these THREE little angels in my life and how they absolutely complete our family!  Looking at pictures from last year, make me tear up ... they were so LITTLE!  



family pic 2011
This year has been so special - I love watching my little angels grow and develop their STRONG personalities.  This Mother's Day we celebrated by going out to dinner {our first solo date night since the babies came home from the hospital} on Saturday night while Auntie M & Uncle J babysat!  Sunday was a FULL day - church, BBQ lunch & swimming!  During the church service, I couldn't help but focus on my new favorite passage - the Proverbs 31 woman.  Growing up, my mom would tell my brother & I that all she wanted was for us to "call her blessed" & would speak about these verses with such a passion, but I never really "got it" ... that is, until I became a mother.  Reading the verses about The Wife of Noble Character is so convicting & challenges me to become a better wife, mother, friend, daughter... daily!  What I wouldn't give for my husband & children to describe me like "her":

Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:
"Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
Proverbs 31:28-30

family pic 2012

daddy wrangling the babies (plus cousin m) & their balloons
at least i look good here :)
After PM nap, we decided to go to the pool for a little dip.  Wish I could say it was relaxing, but with 4 toddlers, it was anything but!

all the cherry babies

1:1 ratio ... such a busy crew!



1 comment:

michelle key said...

Precious Nan! It is a special blessing when you children called you blessed and they know they are blessed. You may have to wait a few years but hang in it will come...love watching you become a Mother Happy Mother's Day to you and many more to come.....MOM XOXO