11.11.2010

23 weeks

This Tuesday (11/09) we had an appt with our OB to make sure everything is on track. I also had to get my glucose screen to make sure I wasn't at risk for gestational diabetes. The sugary drink wasn't as bad as I had heard, but it definitely wasn't enjoyable! I felt like I was drinking pure syrup & had to wash it down with some water afterwards! YUCK! While I waited the hour for my body to process everything, we met with the doctor and had our ultrasound (pics & video hopefully to follow). Everything is still going according to schedule & I was reminded for the hundredth time to take it easy at work, rest as much as possible & take care of myself. I was also told that we needed to start looking for (& interviewing) a pediatrician .. ALREADY?!?!?! That seems a bit too soon for me, considering the fact that we haven't even purchased furniture & still haven't really caught up with the idea of having triplets! That'll just have to come at another time .. along with everything else! :)

The ultrasound was uneventful (just as we like it), but we didn't get much information since the tech wasn't our usual girl (she spends extra time & gets lots of pictures/angles & measures regardless of what the MFM ultrasounds say). We got to see and hear all 3 beautiful heartbeats as well as their squished "rooms" - less & less area for them to move each week! A fun surprise for us at the end though was being able to see Miss C yawn a couple of times! It was just the most adorable thing & I started tearing up at how precious she was. What a genius she is already!!! :) Kris didn't catch it the first time and was kind of bummed because the ultrasounds are so hard to see with 3 babies all squished together (esp when one's face is next to the other's butt), but that's why I ask for a DVD of every appt. He got to see it later & I will be able to share the video with family & friends (& the babies when they're older)!

My glucose results came back normal (in the "perfect" range actually) so that was a relief! I have an appt with my MFM next Thursday to get measurements and again check to make sure everyone is growing as they should so I'll update again after that!

After this appt I decided to go to Babies R Us and open a registry. I knew it would be overwhelming, but I was so unprepared! Since most of my close friends do not have children, I'm sort of the "trailblazer" in this department and am doing this with the help of online "must have" lists for multiples and input from family, friends, coworkers, etc. I started adding little things at first to ease myself into it, but soon found myself in the car seat aisle..... I asked the employee if she knew which car seat fit in the triple stroller frame I have since I couldn't remember the exact name (it's a SnugRide, but there are a ton of different sizes). She started pulling a few out & trying them in the bases, etc & I felt a panic attack coming on. I haven't touched a car seat in years & they've changed so much since I was a babysitter!!! I started to tear up & told the girl that I'd have to figure it out later b/c I couldn't deal with the car seats at that time and left her stranded in the middle of the aisle with all the car seats on the ground. I tried to go back to adding small items like diapers & wipes since those are "easier" to decide about (ok well technically there are just as many options & still overwhelming...). Needless to say, I was out after about 1.5 hours (which felt more like 5) & only a few more tears. The registry lady was shocked at how little I'd added, but I told her I'd do more of it online when I wasn't completely overwhelmed & about to break down. Maybe I'll try to add a few more things this weekend..... Wish me luck!

Last night, my dad was in town for some business & stayed with us. He took Kris & I to dinner at my FAVORITE restaurant (if you don't know, we are NOT friends!) .. CHILI'S!!!! When we got home I was able to show my dad the DVD from the ultrasound so he could see the babies move, their heartbeats and the most precious yawn EVER!!! What a miracle technology is! Also, while my food was digesting, I guess Miss C got a taste of something good because she started kicking up a storm (what a mommy's girl .. already a big fan of Chili's)! Both my dad & Kris got to feel it for the first time - huge smiles all around! :) I've been feeling the babies kick & move for a while (now that I know what "it" feels like I can look back a few months & realize that it was the same feeling I couldn't quite describe) so it was amazing to be able to share it with the 2 guys I love the most in this world & see their reactions! Can't wait for the others to kick enough (Mr. B kicks a lot in the evenings, but not consistent enough for others to feel & Miss A hardly kicks me hard enough to feel .. guess she isn't too ready to have all the attention on her yet!) :)

What a great week this has been!!!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

As soon as I got home & was relaxing on the couch ("class" was in session), I got to feel all 3 kick & bounce around together! Either they're dancing to the beats or excited about the smell of the lasagna for dinner! :) I love these babies so much already!!!

The Dressler Family said...

how sweet!