This week has been a long one ... in more ways than one. I have been in a lot of pain and discomfort since the hysteroscopy and am ready for it all to be over. The first few days after, I used a heating pad and ice packs multiple times a day as well as taking a ton of Motrin (supposedly that would help .. but it didn't). I was told by my Dr to take it easy, stay on bed rest for the weekend and see how I feel after that. Of course being the workout addict that I am, I only took 2 days off & was back to my regular routine on Sunday. The next few days I was in even worse pain - intense cramping and nausea. Anything I ate or drank made me sick and the nausea came in extreme waves. I slept with a heating pad and icepacks every night. :( I called my Dr on Thursday and he told me that all these symptoms were typical of the hysteroscopy (that my body is trying to heal itself and cover the scar left behind by the removed septum) and all the food issues were likely related to the Estradiol (estrogen) I'm taking. I have to take 3 days off of working out (which is absolutely KILLING me) and see if that helps everything get better. All I can say is that I'm ready for these symptopms to be over & get back to normal!
On a positive note, I have been beyond blessed by all of the support and encouragement I have received from so many people this past week. I have been touched by all of the stories I have heard and feel so honored that people have opened up and told me their success/struggling stories. Thank you for your honesty - I hope that my story continues to encourage you as your stories do for me.
Of course I know that not everyone who reads this blog really has a genuine interest or concern with what's going on in my life - and that really pisses me off. If you're reading my blog only because you enjoy reading about the struggles I'm going through and hope to hear me discouraged, then you'll have to look harder since the purpose of my blog is to A) provide information for my family & close friends about what I'm going through and B) encourage those who are going through similar things since I really benefitted from talking with others who are going through the IVF process as well. My blog is not "cute," "silly," or whatever you want to call it - this is my personal diary about all the obstacles I'm having to face just to become a mother and I'd expect a little respect. Thanks.
3 comments:
Natalie I am sad to even think that there are people who take pleasure in struggles and personal journies that other people are going through. I pray for those people that they find peace within their hearts. I also want you to know that I feel so encouraged by your blog and pray that you and Kris receive many blessings through this journey. Thank you for sharing this blog with us.
I hope that you are feeling better. I'm sorry that you are having trouble from the procedure. I am going to have to have it done again sometime after this miscarriage is done, plus lots more testing. so not looking forward to all of this, but if it can find something that would cause us to miscarry again I will be grateful.
And it sucks that some people are not suportive, unfortunately we always have to deal with folks like that. I have learned this lesson thousandfold since losing Cadynce.
Hugs :-)
It just absolutely amazes me how many people have their own opinions and think we're not exhausting every option out there. If they even knew anything about IVF, they'd know that most (at least the respected) practices won't talk to you unless A) you've been trying for at least a year or B) you have a medical necessity. In case they haven't read my first blog, I have letters from TWO genetic specialists stating that I do, in fact, have a MEDICAL NECESSITY for IVF and am not just trying to rush the "natural process". Not that I have to justify our decisions to anyone, but it does get frustrating that there are those pathetic people out there.
I am trying to focus on all the positive people supporting and praying for us (I know they FAR outweigh the negative people), and just keep reminding myself that those people who wish only horrible things on us, are in fact just miserable themselves. I pray for those people.....
Post a Comment