A few weeks ago, a girlfriend with 7mo old quads sent me an email asking for some tips on how to introduce baby food, make it, etc (you can read about her sweet family here). As I was writing my tips, I mentioned lining the babies up and going down the row like an assembly line. If one is fussy, you skip it & go to the next, they'll get a turn the next go around. You get the picture....
Anyway, as I was writing it, I laughed thinking about where I even learned such "wisdom" ..... from Kate Goselin. Yep. I remember watching every episode of those shows and catching glimpses of how she organized her house and life - taking mental notes, not ever knowing that I would need them! I was slightly embarrassed to admit that some of my best ideas/tips were derived from "reality tv" and made me wonder what else I learned from her, so while I'm on a roll....
I also learned that the fastest way to cut sandwiches, quesadillas, etc was to use a pizza cutter instead of a knife; a strict schedule is KEY & to write down each babies' info (feeds, diapers, meds, etc) on separate pieces of paper to keep track of them; when loading babies in the car, have a "holding pen" by the front door so you can just run back & forth instead of chasing babies all around. And those are just off the top of my head....
I learned how to separate egg whites from some girl on The Real World when I was in high school. Whew! That feels so good to get off my chest!
No comments:
Post a Comment